Being a person with autism I have been picked on and stereotyped, and it made me angry, and I don't want people to think these things just because they that I don't know what there saying about me.
1 of my many pet peeves is the word retarded, I hate it so much I can't even say the word. I find it annoying because its original definition is mentally or physically slow. but because of today's modern a peel to words, mad e the definition change to what most people know it as. It is often used to call some one stupid, what you say to people like me either it was meant to be an insult or a common definition by misconception.
another is when when hear the word autism they amuse there not smart I'm an easy example, I have a B and C average in school. I did have grade problems back in the 4th and 5th grade but that was because of my bully problems, and I'm sure that there are many autistic adults that have made a fine living doing what even they do.
Another is when people amuse you have a disability just by your looks, because it's not true.the reason 1 in every110 people are diagnosis, it's less that more people are getting diagnosed, but more like the standards of getting diagnosed have gotten smaller. There could be a person with autism in a coffee shops, work place or a stop light, that look like any other person.
I can't blame anyone for thinking these things, because it's not uncommon
No comments:
Post a Comment