Popular Posts

Friday, 11 May 2012

My Sun-Hang-Do Benefits


My therapy wasn’t the only thing that got me to where I am today.  If it wasn't for the martial arts studio, Sun-Hang-Do, I definitely wouldn’t have the confidence to write this blog.
Sun–Hang–Do is a Korean martial art that only exists within the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland, with 9 locations including Abbotsford and Vancouver, and its' membership count is likely over 1000 people of all ages.

I started Sun-Hang-Do at age 9 and the reason I got started on it wasn’t because I wanted to get fit, but because I wanted to know karate like SpongeBob did. But every martial arts studio my parents tried would  not take me because of my autism. Finally, they tried the Abbotsford Sun-Hang-Do gym and my master, Brian Kinney, didn’t care about my autism. He brought me in for a trial lesson, saw my potential, and here I am a recently turned 2nd Degree Black Belt. I have been training for 7 years and I would love to keep going at it.

Sun-Hang-Do has taught me responsibility, maturity, and stress control. It has also helped me handle situations better, given me confidence, higher self-estem, and has kept me in good heath. I greatly thank my parents for setting me up for Sun-Hang-Do, and I thank my Master Brain Kinney and all of the instructors that have helped me get this far.

No comments: